Caliente Roast Chipotle Chicken
Spice Rub Ingredients
- 4tbsp Caliente Chipotle hot sauce
- 2tbsp chilli powder
- 2tbsp smoked paprika
- 3/4tbsp cinnamon
- 1tbsp sea salt
- 1tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2-3 large cloves of fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
-Separate Chicken into sections
-Mix all spice rub ingredients until you get a paste.
-Get your hands dirty and liberally rub all over the chickens
-Slice one large onion to lay the chickens on in the roasting pan, add 2 cups water
-roast at 425 deg. F for 40 min. Remove, baste, and put back in oven for 8-10 min.
Pull out and let rest 20 min before portioning out.
Hope you enjoy!! Shredded, this chicken is great for tacos.
Caliente Braised Lamb Shank
4-6 Lamb shanks
1 tsp pink salt
1 tbsp fresh ground black pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large yellow onion
4 small carrots
4 large cloves of garlic
1 tsp pink salt
1/2 bottle red wine of your choosing
1 litre beef stock
1 large can of diced tomatoes
3 tablespoons of Caliente Habanero Hot Sauce
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp fennel seeds
3 sprigs fresh thyme
3 sprigs fresh rosemary
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1. Dry and then roll the shanks in the salt and pepper
2. Pre heat a heavy pot that has a lid. Add oil and then the lamb shanks. Brown the shanks on all sides and then return to a plate. (this browning process is where much of the flavour is derived, and is crucial to the success of the dish)
3. Add onion, garlic, carrot to the same pot and sauté until they are starting to caramelize
4. Next, add the wine, stock, herbs, tomatoes, hot sauce, and spices
5. Return the lamb shanks to the pot and make sure they are just barely covered in liquid
6. Gently bring all to a low boil
7. Cook covered for three hours on low temperature
8. Remove lamb shanks and place on a plate in the oven while you make the pan sauce
1a. Separate approximately 1 litre of the braising liquid by pouring it through a mesh strainer
2a. Boil the liquid until it reduces to a thicker sauce
3a. When the sauce is starting to thicken, whisk in the butter and mustard
4a. Remove from heat
Plate your lamb and drizzle with the pan sauce.
Caliente Smashed Brussel Sprouts
10-20 washed and trimmed Brussel Sprouts
2 tbsp Caliente Habanero Hot Sauce
1 tbsp Bragg all natural soy seasoning
3 large cloves fined diced garlic
3 tbsp olive oil
50 grams freshly grated quality Parmesan cheese
50 grams finely grated extra sharp white cheddar
1. Mix the marinade together in a bowl large enough to put the sprouts in.
2. Add the sprouts and let soak for 20-30 min
3. Spread out the sprouts on a parchment lined baking sheet, and spoon some marinade over them
4. Bake in centre of pre-heated oven at 425deg f for 15min
5. Remove from oven and smash the sprouts flat with a mallet
6. Cover each sprout with a little of both cheeses
7. Return to oven on top rack and broil on high until you see the cheese nicely melted, and the edges browned careful not to burn them
Caliente Prawn Ceviche
4 tablespoons Caliente Habanero hot sauce
500g medium sized prawns
6 medium tomatoes
1/2 yellow or Spanish onion
2/3 bunch of cilantro
3 limes for juice
2/3 tablespoon sea salt
1/2 cup seafood sauce without horseradish or ketchup
1 lime cut into wedges for garnish
1. Slice and dice tomato and onion into 1/8”-1/4” cubes
2. Finely chop cilantro
3. Tear prawns into three pieces
4. Add chopped and diced ingredients to large bowl
5. Add juice from three limes, salt, hot sauce and seafood sauce. Mix.
6. Add prawns. Mix once more. Taste to adjust for seasoning.
7. Arrange in appropriate dish and add sliced avocado to top.
8. Serve with thick tortilla chips or thinly sliced baguette.
Your guests will find this divine!
Caliente Smashed Roast Vegetables
4 tbsp Caliente Habanero Hot Sauce
4 tbsp Braggs all natural seasoning
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp freshly ground pepper
4 cloves garlic
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
1. mix first five ingredients in a bowl then add cut vegetables, let marinate for 1/2 hour - 1 hour.
2. preheat oven to 425 degrees F during this time.
3. place vegetables on a parchment lined cookie sheet & bake for 25 min.
4. Remove from oven and smash vegetables flat with a meat mallet, add cheese & broil for 3-5 min until golden brown.
Caliente Sweet & Spicy Prawns
300g Prawns thawed and drained
2 tbsp Caliente Habanero Hot Sauce
2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
2 tbsp coarsely chopped garlic
2 tbsp natural honey
3 tbsp virgin olive oil
1 tsp coarsely ground pink salt
1 tsp coarsely ground black peppercorns
1. Gather ingredients
2. measure, chop, prepare ingredients
3. reserve some chopped Cilantro and 2 lime wedges
4. mix ingredients in bowl, add prawns, and let sit in fridge for a couple hours
5. get heavy pan pre-heated on high heat and add oil
6. add skewered prawns and cook one minute, flip over and add remainder of marinade. Cook for one and a half to two minutes until prawns are cooked through (pink)
7. remove prawns and plate. reduce remainder of sauce and spoon over the skewers
8. add some cilantro and remainder of lime wedges as garnish
Celery salt or Montreal Steak Spice for the rim
2-3 Lime wedges
2 oz Vodka
2 oz Pickle juice or more to taste
6 oz Clamato Juice
2-3 dashes Worcestershire Sauce or more to taste
2-3 dashes Caliente Hot Sauce to taste.
1/4 tsp Celery salt or Montreal Steak Spice to sprinkle on top
1. Slice your lime into wedges and run one along the rim of the glass, then dip the limed rim in the celery salt or steak spice. Fill your glass with ice.
2. Pour in your Vodka & Pickle Juice. Squeeze in some additional lime juice (at least 2 of the wedges, more to taste.) Fill the glass with Clamato Juice.
3. Add Worchestershire & Caliente hot sauce, and sprinkle some steak spice in or use garlic plus, or lemon pepper, which ever you like. Stir well.
4. Garnish with pickles, cheese, pepperoni, spicy beans, olives or what ever you like.